You are here


Audio ONLY Ordering Instructions

The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Montana uses a digital audio recording system for court hearings.  Interested parties may obtain recordings of hearings on a CD for a fee of $34 by completing the Audio Recording Ordering Form below.  The completed form should then be delivered to the court with the fee (cash, credit cards and personal checks NOT accepted).  The ordering party will be contacted when the CD is ready to be picked up.  The ordering party may leave a self-addressed envelope with proper postage if they would like the CD returned to them in the mail.

NOTE:  The Meeting of Creditors (341 Meeting) is a meeting administered by the United States Trustee's office.  To obtain an audio recording of a Meeting of Creditors, please contact the United States Trustee's office at (406) 761-8777.

Typed Transcript Ordering Instructions

A typed transcript of a hearing may be obtained by completing the Audio Recording Form or Transcript Designation and Ordering Form, filing the form with the Clerk's Office and forwarding the form to the transcriptionist for completion.

Prior to ordering the transcript, check to see if the transcript has already been requested or already filed:

1.  Using PACER (, check the docket to see if the transcript of the hearing has already been filed. If already filed, download the transcript and print a copy.  A copy of a filed transcript may also be obtained through the Bankruptcy Court Clerk's Office, however, standard copying rates will apply ($.10 / page).

2. Contact the Clerk's Office at (406) 497-1240 to see if the transcript is in the process of being transcribed.

If the transcript has not been requested, follow the steps below:

1. Contact one of the court approved transcribers from this list to request a transcript. Fee arrangements are to be made between the parties and the transcriptionist.

2. Complete Audio Recording Form or Transcript Designation and Ordering Form with all appropriate information.  See the instructions on page 2.  You are required to file the transcript order form electronically (if a registered user) or conventionally with the Clerk's Office along with forwarding a copy to the transcriptionist.  If filing electronically, please use the CM/ECF event "Request for Transcript".

Additional Resources

Guide to Judiciary Policy, Volume 6