You are here

How many copies do I need to file at the court and where do I send them?

Debtor FAQ

The court does not require any additional copies (just the original) of a petition filed with the court. However, you are encouraged to keep a copy for your records. If you wish to retain a copy of the petition, stamped with the date of filing for your records, you must provide an additional copy, as well as a self-addressed envelope with adequate postage if you are filing by mail.

Clerk’s Office address:

U.S. Bankruptcy Court
400 North Main Street 2nd Floor

Butte, MT 59701

Filers may drop off their fillings at federal courthouses in the Missoula, Great Falls, and Billings divisions. See Court Locations for Filing.