Audio ONLY Ordering Instructions
The United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Montana uses a digital audio recording system for court hearings. Interested parties may obtain recordings of hearings on a CD for a fee of $30 by completing the FTR Gold Recording and Ordering Form. The completed form should then be delivered to the court with the fee (personal checks NOT accepted). The ordering party will be contacted when the CD is ready to be picked up. The ordering party may leave a self-addressed enevelope with proper postage if they would like the CD returned to them in the mail.
NOTE: The First Meeting of Creditors (341 Meeting) is a meeting administered by the United States Trustee's office. To obtain an audio recording of a First Meeting of Creditors, please contact the United States Trustee's office at (406) 761-8777.
Typed Transcript Ordering Instructions
A typed transcript of a hearing may be obtained by completing the FTR Gold Transcript Designation and Ordering Form, filing the form with the Clerk's Office and forwarding the form to the transcriptionist for completion.
Prior to ordering the transcript, check to see if the transcript has already been requested or already filed:
1. Using PACER (https://www.pacer.gov), check the docket to see if the transcript of the hearing has already been filed. If already filed, download the transcript and print a copy. A copy of a filed transcript may also be obtain through the Bankruptcy Court Clerk's Office, however, standard copying rates will apply ($.10 / page).
2. Contact Pamela Cunningham at (406) 497-1241 to see if the transcript is in the process of being transcribed.
If the transcript has not been requested, follow the steps below:
1. Contact one of the court reporters to request a transcript. Fee arrangements are to be made between the parties and the transcriptionist.
2. Complete FTR Gold Transcript Designation and Ordering Form with all appropriate information. You are required to file the transcript order form electronically (if a registered user) or conventionally with the Clerk's Office along with forwarding a copy to the transcriptionist. If filing the FTR Gold Transcript Designation and Ordering Form electronically, please use the CM/ECF event code "Transcript Orderered".
3. For a transcript for a case on appeal, please use the CM/ECF event code "Transcript Ordered re: Notice of Appeal".